Thursday, January 26, 2012

Before Instagram Series - Random Stamping

The first nail art obsession I developed was stamping. I went to Amazon and bought this set of plates.
I learned about stamping on a trip to Las Vegas when walking down the Strip some guy tried to sell us a big plate of them for like $100 and during his speech he let us try a design.

A couple of days later, my sister bought the pink Konad set that everybody have at CVS but I wasn't super sold yet. Eventually I found those Shany ones and I liked the designs so I got them.



Needless to say, I was awful. I even got the Konad stamping polishes and it was a disaster.
Now I know that those plates weren't very good. It was the beginning of this trend and the designs weren't deep enough to translate neatly into the stamper, so I have gotten better by buying better plates ;)

Here's a little taste of my attempts and failures






Another (and better) attempt on February 12, 2012






And the first attempt to the most challenging stamping of all, the full nail designs on February 16, 2012



How do you do with stamping? I still struggle a little with full designs, but I haven't done it in a while because my nails are too long for them :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...